Thursday, August 31, 2023

Prince Harry -- Debunked Victim Stories

 No one in my family offered support when returning from Afghanistan

Claim: Harry claimed he lacked a strong "support network" after he returned from his first tour of Afghanistan in 2008, adding that "no one" in his family was able to help him.

In the series, the Duke of Sussex said that returning from his tour triggered his trauma from losing his mother Princess Diana.  “There was an unravelling”, he said. "The trigger to me was actually returning from Afghanistan. But the stuff that was coming up was from the age of, from 1997, from the age of 12.  "Losing my mom at such a young age, the trauma that I had, I was never really aware of. It was never discussed.”

Harry added: "The biggest struggle for me was ... no-one around me really could help. I didn't have that support structure, that network or that expert advice to identify what was actually going on with me.”  

IIn a 2016 interview, Harry discussed the psychological support he received after serving in Afghanistan.  He said: "The Army put you through a day, two-day course on the way back through Cyprus, which is crucial to everybody."  The Duke went on to say that what they were told proved invaluable.

A second interview given in 2017 interview also appears to contradict the comment that he received no support.  Harry told Bryony Gordon that he credited Prince William and several close friends for persuading him to seek therapy to deal with the impact of his mother’s death.  He recalled how they had told him: “Look, you really need to deal with this.  "It is not normal to think that nothing has affected you.”  Harry also told the Mad World podcast that his mental health struggles were “not Afghanistan-related” but were due to him processing the death of his mother.

The Duke said: 'It's all about timing. And for me personally, my brother, you know, bless him, he was a huge support to me. He kept saying this is not right, this is not normal, you need to talk to [someone] about stuff, it's OK.'

Harry's biographer Angela Levin also questioned the Duke for claiming he had no support network. She said: "He told me loads of things about how the people looked after him. William, his father, he had two sort of nanny friend types, one male, one female.

"He had protection officers. He had all sorts of people looking after him and boosted him and really cared for him."  "He also had two aides, who are former military, who helped him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

  Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.  Adam Smith.